Saturday, April 25, 2009

ATW - 1

Here it goes. Let me know what you think !

It was almost two years ago, when my life was perfect, well almost. Now I’m stuck in this hell hole which used to be my personal utopia. Il dinya dawara ya nas, il dinya dawara. I just don’t get it. Why me? Why? What did I do to deserve this? Before this ever happened, I was on the honor role, popular, very popular, and most importantly, I was happy. I had everything that people looked at as the fundamentals of having a good life, and quite honestly, I did! Everything around me was positive, and somehow, I managed to keep my mind off of everything that had happened before I moved here. But now, it's happening all over again, and I can tell this time.

My new best friend here, Maha, was the greatest friend you could ever have. And although people looked down on us sometimes, because our friendship involved friends of the opposite sex, we were MORE than happy as friends. Yes, sometimes it does, or shall I say did, piss me off that we can’t hang out outside of school, given that her family reputation doesn’t allow her to talk to a guy. But overall, we still managed to be the best of friends within the walls of our school, and of course through MSN, phone calls, and so on. I didn’t care what people thought about our friendship, or what fictitious rumor they decided to 6ali3 about us now.
"Omg I heard he invited her over to his house!"
"Omg did you hear the latest development between Maha and Omar?"
"It's so obvious he has something for her, and she's so naive that she doesn't notice. How can she not notice, how! It makes me sick"
"BLA , BLA , BLA!"


Who cares?! We're just friends! And we both know that. So why worry about people gossiping about something you didn't do? I didn't care, and soon enough, Maha learned how not to care as well. But now, after what happened, it’s like I don’t even know her. Since when did she care about what people say about us, about me, about HER!? Gossiping actually became part of my life, something I’m used to being a part of. Well no, don’t get it like that. I don’t gossip, bil3ax, I hate it. What I should have said is that I grew accustomed to being -

...

"Omar, are you awake?"

Shit, my nurse's here, bakamel ba3dain...

"Yes Rose, I'm awake, come in."

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I stumbled upon your blog, this is great I love the beginning and I love the way you write!

    I hate how its frowned upon for opposite sex friendships, but they always say that over the course of their friendship ina one of them has feelings but usually they manage to set them aside for the sake of their friendship.

    Sorry I babbled on I tend to do that lol ;p

    I cant wait for more ;**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I must say that I like stories when the guys are saying their point of view.. so us, girls, can understand them clearly.. ANYHOW.. I'm looking reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy forward for the next post;p
    -NN;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. please don't stop. waiting for yuor next post. don't make us wait alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another guys perspective:* loved the first post, please continue..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw. Very Beautifully Written. Keep up the god work . Cant wait till next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops Typo ! Good * ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yalla post the next one !
    I LOVED it ... It's amazing
    and WHY does he have a nurse ? :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're so good! i think you should go on with your blog, i have a good feeling about it! and you know its really good to actually have a guy who writes about the experinces he went through. i like the way you intoduced your story its great. go on pls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The way you write is improbable, I say your talented mashala and I love how you bought this point of view about our society where everyone gets to judge others without even knowing them and spreading rumors all about them.
    Andd cliff hangers from the start ey?:p

    I love the start and I can tell your story is gonna be amazing ;*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jana: Thanks!! :D I will :)

    Cupid ;* : Umm, WOW !

    Thanks for the amazingly INSPIRATIONAL comment!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this based on true events? Great intro btw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really liked the way you presented the whole thing...specially the end i love endings like that ...i can see talent mashallah ^^

    ReplyDelete